Much time elapsed before we reached nowadays’s industrial revolutions – The Information Age -, where we live now.
Periods of industrial revolutions:
1. The First Industrial Revolution, which began in the 18th century, merged into the Second Industrial Revolution around 1850.
2. The Second Industrial Revolution, also known as the Technological Revolution, was a phase of the larger Industrial Revolution corresponding to the latter half of the 19th century until World War I.
3. The Atomic Age, also known as the Atomic Era, is a phrase typically used to delineate the period of history following the detonation of the first nuclear bomb Trinity on July 16, 1945.
4. The Jet Age is a period of history defined by the social change brought about by the advent of large aircraft powered by turbine engines.
5. The Space Age is a time period encompassing the activities related to the Space Race, space exploration, space technology, and the cultural developments influenced by these events. The Space Age is generally considered to have begun with Sputnik in 1957.
6. The Information Age, also commonly known as the Computer Age or Digital Age, is an idea that the current age will be characterized by the ability of individuals to transfer information freely, and to have instant access to knowledge that would have been difficult or impossible to find previously.
Z.Géza: Történelem III.(p.67-73), Nemzeti Kiadó Budapest /translated by Blue Line/